Baton Rouge, La. – The Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development Institute (SARDI), formerly named the Southwest Center for Rural Initiatives, has partnered with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to host the Acadiana Small Business Summit (ASBS).
The event will be held on Monday, May 1, 2017 from 8:45 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the SARDI office, 1209 Diesi St., in Opelousas, La. Admission is free and a lunch will be provided during the networking hour.
This year’s summit is targeting existing businesses who aspire to grow, individuals who aspire to become entrepreneurs, and businesses interested in the multi-billion-dollar industry of governmental contracting. The following agencies are participating as workshop presenters/ volunteers:
· U.S. Small Business Administration
· Louisiana Small Business Development Center - Southern University
· Resource and Fund Development, LLC
· SCORE Louisiana
· Louisiana Economic Development
· St. Landry Parish Economic Development
· Louisiana Small Business Development Center - University of Louisiana at Lafayette
The ASBS summit will also kick off the 2017 National Small Business week.
All interested participants are asked to pre-register for the summit by emailing Krystle_Washington@suagcenter.com or calling 337-943- 2410.