Tuesday, December 1

SU Ag Center’s 4-H L.I.F.E. Program Hosts Painting with a Twist in Opelousas

4-H L.I.F.E participants paint a jaguar during the program's 'Painting with a Twist' event on Nov. 18 at the Southwest Center for Rural Initiatives.
Baton Rouge, La. – On November 18, 2015 the 4-H L.I.F.E. (Living Interactive Family Education) program hosted its 'Painting with a Twist' event with Mrs. Rachel Jenkins with By You Painting. 

Sixteen youth ages 8-15, along with five parents and five mentors, painted their own unique versions of jaguars which included the 4-H clover. 

The event, which was held at the Southwest Center for Rural Initiatives in St. Landry Parish and led by Program Site Coordinator Stacey Nevills and Program Assistant Damien Papillion, engaged youth of incarcerated parents who are active participants in the 4-H LIFE program.  The youth enjoyed pizza and punch for refreshments. 

This event is part of the monthly group mentoring activities for the ‘Changing How I Live Life’ (C.H.I.L.L) component of the project. 

 Tiffany Wilkerson-Franklin is the 4-H L.I.F.E. project director at the Southern University Ag Center.    
###


No comments: